Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Cyberpunk

Hacking has always stirred up both uneasiness and curiosity in me. The curiosity because it takes a very intelligent and skilled person to be a hacker. I have never hacked anything, but there has always been that side of me that longs to start computer hacking. I think it is because hackers are kind of the movie stars of computer geeks right now. In action films they always have to bring in the hacker to hack into the security system to mess with the security cameras. I also feel uneasy about hacking because it's real and anyone can get hacked and their system can get really messed up. I also feel nervous about hacking because after reading The Cuckoo's Egg by Cliff Stoll, I'm worried that authority figures are not taking hacking very seriously. I am probably being too paranoid, but I worry that hacking is going to have to get really big and out of control in order for it to be a major concern for authorities.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely share with you in the longing to start computer hacking. It is portrayed quite often as being cool in movies. They make it look like, "Hey it's cool to be super smart and be able to hack into some mainframe and tinker with someone's system. Even if it's just for a prank."

    ReplyDelete